beauty of style and grace depend on simplicity

January 20, 2011

Inspired

I'm feeling very inspired today. Strange, considering it's mid-January and it feels like at least -15 with the windchill out there. Maybe it's the sunshine. Whatever the temperature, it always feels a little warmer when you wake up to sunshine.

I think this feeling also has a lot to do with all of the reading I've been able to do lately. Not the fiction-type stuff, more the fashion/beauty/trends kind of thing.

Between the gazillion projects I've been tackling throughout my workday, I've managed to sneak in a read through of The Fashion File, a great new book full of advice and inspiration from Janie Bryant (aka - the costume designer for Mad Men). We were lucky enough to receive a copy right to our mailboxes here at work and it's definitely worth a looksie. I have to admit, I've barely watched an entire episode of this show (which has to change, immediately, I know), but the impact its had on fashion today is undeniable so I figured it was worth it. In addition to a foreword by the beautiful January Jones, this hardcover is full of style tips on everything from the right bra & panty, to the best way to store and keep your vintage pieces, and of course, how to dress right for you. That's all of my favorite shit right there, and I love when it comes to me all neat and tidy in one pretty little red & silver hardcover package!

'If you remain true to your own unique tastes and dabble only marginally in fads, your style will be both original and organic to your personality'. Just one of the many great quotes that stood out to me. Style as unique, original and organic, sounds about right. Be sure to check out this read the next time your in the area.

Oh! And one more adorably inspiring thing I have to post. A photo of Natalie Portman from this past weekend at the 2011 Golden Globes, just before her big win. She's beautifully embracing her pregnancy and just glowing, and I want to give her a big hug.



Cheers to more days that start off just like this xx

No comments:

Post a Comment